DIY Military Duty Station Wall Decor | Home Is Wherever We're Together



Hey y'all! I'm back with another DIY project....it's been awhile! In honor of Independence Day this week, I thought I would share how I created our Military Duty Station Wall Decor. I'm sure you all have seen the signs with hanging boards that have the duty station and dates, but I knew I wanted a unique way to remember our homes during our military journey. I found a distressed flag window from Kirkland's (similar) and it was my inspiration for this project. We have a large wall in our hallway and I knew this would be the perfect spot for military duty station wall.
I found these state cutouts on Etsy that were unfinished and I just spray painted them white and distressed them by sanding to match the flag window.




Next, I cut out little red hearts with my Silhouette Cameo and placed them where we lived in each state.



To hang all of the states I used the Command Strips that have velcro, this makes it easy to ensure they are all placed perfectly.



After I finished hanging the states I felt like I needed something else to tie everything together, so I headed to Hobby Lobby. I found this chicken wire picture frame on clearance and just removed the picture inserts to make the perfect sign for our military duty station wall. Then I printed "Home is wherever we're together" (I wanted to select something that wasn't completely geared towards the Army) on white vinyl with my Silhouette Cameo. Another great saying for all my military families out there is "Home is where the (enter branch) sends us".



And there you have it, a quick and easy project to document all of the places you have lived! This is perfect for everyone, not just military families. I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial and have a blast creating it for your home! This was such a fun project and I love the way it turned out. I would love to get a wooden console table to place under it, but we will be moving in less than 6 months so I am trying to hold off getting any new decor until we are moved! I hope you all have a great weekend!


SaveSave SaveSave

Post a Comment

Ashton Paige